Monday, January 4, 2010

Taking the Plunge...

I've always liked children, but the one thing I like more is being able to teach them.  Tomorrow I will celebrate, with snacks, yummy cupcakes and a load of kids, my stepping off the narrow edge into Children's Ministry.  Journeying along with the kids and learning more about God awakes the inner "child" in me.

But why is it so difficult to have child-like faith?  What keeps us from propelling off the brink of our comfort zone into the hands of our Father knowing He'll catch us without fail?  Perhaps it's trust, or a lack thereof.  How many times has God asked us to do something only to have us look away (like we didn't hear Him calling), turn around and run in the opposite direction?

This year, the Lord has asked me to love his children by devoting my time and efforts into teaching them.  When He first asked me to, I wanted to turn and run (I blame it on my eager flight response) but something told me to stay put.  To turn around and look the fear of disappointment, expectation and failure dead in the eyes, and JUMP.  And I did. 

God welcomes children into the kingdom, and my passion is to help them understand as much as they can.  To demonstrate His love by spending time with them and showing them that they are important, special.

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them,
for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."
- Luke 10:14

No comments:

Post a Comment