Friday, January 22, 2010

Pst... Can You Keep a Secret?

...

I've never had to cook for myself before.  There, I said it.  Deep breath now.  Even after being married for almost a year, my mother-in-law cooks pretty much every night (talk about being spoiled, huh?).  But that's about to change.  And I'm scared.  Yep, I am.

If you were to ask me to bake 200 cupcakes by this weeks end, I'd feel a lot more confident about that than having to cook a meal.  I'm a baker.  I do cookies and cakes.  If you give me a recipe, I can follow it to the tee.  Ask me to add a "pinch" (now what exactly constitutes a pinch?!) of salt and gauge something by how it tastes... you've pretty much kicked me off the horse.

But I'm thankful that my husband isn't a fussy eater.  I'm the one with the long, and ever growing, won't-eat list. No chili / hot sauce, nothing that has eyes and can look at me, no raw fish (I'm a all-you-can-eat sashimi waster!), not a fan of seafood... and it continues.



The extent of my cooking expertise goes as far as my brother's DS game, "Cooking Mama" (featured above).

As I said, moving out is all about adventure... and adventurous eating I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment