Sunday, January 24, 2010

Swatches, Colours & Paint... Oh My!

There are times when I enjoy having choices.  Like when I'm eating lunch at Swiss Chalet. I like being able to choose between their famous french fries, sweet corn and sautéed mushrooms as a side.  Sometimes I'm feeling the fried potatoey stuff, other days I'm itching for veggies drenched in oil.



But when I walked into the paint department today and saw shelves of tiny paint swatches, it was more overwhelming than seeing the many aisles of granite slabs. There were soooo many colours! Pale Cucumber, Cilantro Cream, Organic Field.  Ummm... I'd refer to them all as "green".



So why paint colours?  We were shopping for our future master bedroom wall colour.  Because our bed set is ridiculously heavy, we'd rather paint the room now than have to move (and struggle with) the thing later.  That leaves us with 3 days to find a paint colour we like, paint the bedroom, or at least the one wall, before our mattress and bed set arrive.  Talk about pressure!



The colour we want is a very pale-grey green.  Nothing too bright, but enough to strike a subtle contrast with the 'warm grey' we chose with our house.  So the search begins for our perfect green wall colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment