Thursday, December 17, 2009

Nutty Lessons

I used to think I was the Queen of Peanut Butter because of how much I ate it.  PB&J for breakfast was a daily routine throughout high school.  It changed to PB and bananas in university, but the PB played a crucial role in keeping me awake and energy-filled throughout the day.  But today, I learned something new.

I was asked to babysit my friend's kids this morning, waking them up, helping them change and getting them ready for school.  Breakfast consisted of my favourite, PB&J on a toasted pita.  Simple enough, right?  Wrong!  I turned (what I thought was) an easy breakfast into a sloppy and sticky mess.  I didn't realize spreading PB onto a freshly toasted pita would melt like butter.  And boy did it. 

But thankfully, the kid eating it enjoyed it none the same.  Lesson learned: let the pita cool down..

No comments:

Post a Comment