Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gift-giving...

I've never been the best gift giver.  I like receiving gifts (who doesn't?), but when it comes to giving gifts, there's so much pressure to find the perfect gift.  For example, my younger brother.  If he wants something, he purchases it.  No questions asked, no hesitation.  Like his Macbook.  An impulsive buy, yes, but he needed it, so he bought it.  Unfortunately, it doesn't leave me much wiggle room to figure out what to get him. 

And like my last post, I'm all about the homemade/handmade gifts.  But not everyone is!  Something that seems thoughtful or personal to me can come across as super cheap to someone else.  But when did buying a gift turn into purchasing the biggest and the best [insert modern expensive gift name here]?  Who says a gift has to be expensive to be worthy of being called a  good Christmas gift? 

Or maybe it's just me.  Maybe I feel like this because I have so trouble buying gifts...

No comments:

Post a Comment